Lordaeron: the Aftermath 1.50
Version 1.50 marks a milestone for L:TA, as we're now halfway to version 2.00. With this in mind, as well as having plenty of time on my hands after the holidays and waiting for school season, I decided to once more go for it and start working on a large patch. This patch will be a large content, balance and bug patch, altering the game in several new and challenging ways.
NOTE: This changelog is TEMPORARY and NOT complete. This means that this OP/main post will be updated regularily until release. Nothing is set in stone.
- Almost all of the heroes in the game has been checked and had their collision size readjusted into categories. Previously, nothing determined a hero’s collision size, only random numbers. There are now 4 collision size categories for heroes: Caster (20), Skirmisher (25), Warrior (30) and Giant (42). ALL heroes will now be placed into one of these four collision categories, except keeping sporadic numbers.
- Resistant Skin, one of the most important and game-changing Passives in L:TA and Warcraft III in general, was for all this time given secretly to a multitude of the heroes in the map. Some heroes has Resistant Skin, while others do not. This has been fixed. I will write a full list of heroes affected by this change.
- The Forsaken and the Burning Legion will now automatically unally eachother after 10 minutes of elapsed game time. This gives incentive for both of them to more often try some of the paths and alliances they have available. This is reasonable, since they may ally again later as the Putress coup anyway.
- All Demi-Heroes except Dar’khan Drathir now requires zero food value, Dar’khan still costs food due to the fact that he is trainable.
- New global event music has been added to the Dark Iron path for Dwarves and the Super Plague research for Forsaken
- Several named structures around the map has had its food value adjusted to a more suitable amount
- Baradin Wardens lost their Anti-Piercing plate, instead receiving +115 hit points
- Hellfire Peninsula, Terokkar Forest and Nagrand has been reterrained
- The Twisting Nether is receiving a reterrain
- The Tirisfal/Scarlet Monastery has been reterrained and a small mountain pass has been added between there and Northern Lordaeron. This mountain pass has destroyable boulders blocking the path.
- Uldaman has been added into the map as something more than just a deco/creep camp in Badlands.
- Eastern Hillsbrad foothills has been slightly reterrained near Dun Garok
- Windrunner Spire and the surrounding area has been reterrained
- Illidan’s skillset (non-empowered and empowered) has been revamped. His vanilla-WCIII melee skillset was not on-par with the expectations for him as your main hero as Illidari. More details to come soon.
- You now need to destroy Deatholme in order to ally the Forsaken as well, not just the Horde.
- The spells, tooltips and stats of the San'layn heroes and some unit types have been fixed. More details to come.
- Aethas Sunreaver now starts with the Protective Trinket item, like the one that Grand Inquisitor Isillien has. The Sunreaver Staff was removed.
- New unit type: Fallen Hero. Fallen Hero is a ranged attacker unit with magic damage that may cast Purge. This is not really a caster unit, more like an archer-unit with magic damage. Maximum amount: 5
- You no longer require to repair the Frozen Throne to summon Anub’arak.
- You start with 2 extra Crypt Fiends in Icecrown
- The Twisting Nether has been changed in structure and performance. More info to come.
DALARAN / GILNEAS
- Rhonin must now channel the New Dalaran path spell right outside the Dalaran ruins, instead of inside the Dungeons. This was done to prevent rushes. As a compensation, the spell has a slightly longer channel time.
- Genn Greymane and Darius Crowley has new models and hero icons
- Darius Crowley now has Heroic Leap as a new ultimate ability, an ability that leaps him towards a target area, dealing damage and knocking enemies slightly away.
- The Greywolf has been changed to Greymane’s Blade, granting +6 Agility and +5 Attack Damage. The change was done in accordance with Greymane’s new model.
- You start with 2 extra Footmen in Silverpine
- Dwarves now has a researchable Event that lets him donate ownership of Menethil Harbor to Light Blue if Tyr’s Hand is destroyed. This event is free to research and gives Dwarves 125 gold and lumber as a compensation. Light Blue will also gain a small garrison force there for free. Will not transfer ownership of any units, only buildings. Only works while Light Blue is still playing regular Silver Hand.
- Dun Garok has been expanded into an actual base with a capturable building.
- You no longer start with a garrison of units in Northern Lordaeron, these units and buildings have either been moved to Dun Garok or removed.
- Dwarven Warriors, Wildhammer Shaman, Mortar Teams and their Dark Iron counterparts now has the Stoneskin passive ability, that reduces incoming damage from ranged attacks by 8. This passive will only be active when the Dwarves control Dun Modr, Dun Algaz and Dun Garok simultaneously. Thargas Anvilmar and Keegan Firebeard also has this ability
- You now have a new quest/event gig to complete near Uldaman (more info later)
- You can now research the Explorer’s League event from most named structures, and not just at regular Town Halls
- Ironforge’s main building provides +50 food instead of 0 food.
- The Skybreaker has Resistant Skin, +2 armor, Siege attack, better attack damage and a new unique gunship model.
- Gyrocopters has +50 hit points
- Brann Bronzebeard’s zeppelins from his ulti have new models.
- New global music has been added to the Dark Iron path once you trigger it.
- A new path has been added to Dark Horde: the Illidari Fel Horde path. This path becomes available once Magtheridon is dead, and the Blood Elves has chosen the Illidari path. Illidari and Dark Horde will then become allies. Dark Horde will lose Blackrock Mountain, Rend Blackhand and access to Nefarian, in return getting new Outland and Illidari related content.
- Hammerfall has been expanded into a proper sized base. Drek’thar now starts here along with a bigger garrison of units.
- Elder Torntusk has been added as a new Demi-Hero in Revantusk Village to replace Drek’thar. Torntusk will despawn if you go True Horde, like Krazz despawns at Mag’har.
- Garrosh now has Heroic Leap as a new ultimate ability, an ability that leaps him towards a target area, dealing damage and knocking enemies slightly away
- Cairne Bloodhoof’s level at spawn is now based upon Gorn’s experience instead of Drek’thar’s
- Captain Krazz can now build certain Orc and Goblin structures, as well as repair buildings
- Nazgrel now has a Demi-Hero inventory like other Demis do
- Gorn has a collision size of 24 instead of 38 (he had a larger collision size than ragnaros and deathwing)
- Mug’thol and Snarlmane now has a 2-slot inventory, like all other Demi-Heroes. Mug’thol also got the Thick Skin ogre passive.
- New global music has been added to the Super Plague event (spooky!)
CULT OF THE DAMNED
- Unholy Magic Mastery now requires 120 seconds research time instead of 20 seconds
- The Stratholme Slaughterhouse starts with less mana, and its mana regeneration is lowered
- Undead Alexandros Mograine has a new model, reduced movement speed and his Evasion now also grants Critical strike (like the living Alex has)
- Lord Alexei Barov’s Cursed Ground AoE spell has been buffed by a lot. It previously dealt very little damage for its mana cost and cooldown.
- Kel’Thuzad now uses the Lich model from Reign of Chaos, to make him stand out more from the other Liches
- The unintentional Spirit Tower that was added in 1.49 at the Plaguelands has been removed
- The small dwarven base in Northern Lordaeron has been given to Silver Hand instead, and the units there has been replaced by proper Silver Hand units.
- Saidan Dathrohan now has Hammer of Justice instead of Holy Light as his Q ability. Hammer of Justice is a Storm Bolt with slightly shorter range than usual.
- Saidan’s Warhammer now grants +4 Intelligence and +5 Attack damage. It can no longer be dropped manually, but drops upon death instead.
- Paladin’s Chastise AoE spell has been corrected, it now has a higher maximum damage yield, and does not provide wrong information in the tooltip.
- You can now once more acquire the Scarlet Monastery while playing as Scarlet Crusade, and not just the Onslaught. Sally Whitemane will be removed by going Argent Crusade.
- Alexandros Mograine and Renault Mograine has new models (the Alexandros model at the courtesy of Waves_Blade or Peacegetter)
- Renault Mograine will now spawn near the building that completed the research which calls upon him.
- Akil’zon and Hakkar has a much higher collision size
- Mana Wards from Shadow Priests now has shorter effective radius, and their duration has been reduced from 40 seconds to 25 secods. Their cast range is reduced from 500 to 400.
- Dranosh Saurfang has inherited Garrosh Hellscream’s “Order Siege Strike” ultimate
- The cooldown of the Demon Chain’s ability (Mor’ghor’s item) is increased from 30 seconds to 2 minutes, and the cast range is reduced from 800 to 500.
- It no longer spawns 3 Keep Lord Farsons at the Scythe of Elune
- Graymane Manor and the Arcane Observatory now trains the correct type of Militia Peasant
- Purple no longer has permanent vision of what happens at the entrance of Dark Horde’s base in Blackrock Mountain
- Drek'thar may no longer open any portal other than the Deepholm portal
- Super Plague alliances have received an attempted fix
Page 4 of 6