Anno 1800

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
So there's a closed beta going on with anno 1800

Here is a video about it. Put videos here if you find them.

I personally like it. I think I'll get it.

I also think it's a far better game for coop play. So sort of 2v2v2v2 and that sort of thing rather than 1v1v1v1. Because the "island types" are on diff maps. Look to the end.

Last edited:

Dragon

The Mighty Dragon
Donator
Strategist
Game Admin
So there's a closed beta going on with anno 1800

Here is a video about it. Put videos here if you find them.

I personally like it. I think I'll get it.

I also think it's a far better game for coop play. So sort of 2v2v2v2 and that sort of thing rather than 1v1v1v1. Because the "island types" are on diff maps. Look to the end.
will probs get it too.

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
Idk about that @ponasozis .

The value of the game is in the fact that it is a relaxing experience. It's meant to be zen. I never played anno for competitive reasons though anno 1404 could accomodate that to a degree.

Dragon

The Mighty Dragon
Donator
Strategist
Game Admin

The value of the game is in the fact that it is a relaxing experience. It's meant to be zen. I never played anno for competitive reasons though anno 1404 could accomodate that to a degree.
made for old people Like our doomy boi here Kappa

ponasozis

Anger Marine

i know i am not saying cause of competitive reasons itis economic city building game i don t care about competitive stuff in that game
its mostly because in anno you tend to do same stuff in new games to grow your cities
as usually islands all have similar sizes to the previous game and have similar resources and etc hell starting island almost in all anno games i think had same resources for balance reasons
like for example cities skylines i don t get bored from building a new game unlike in anno games
although there is something very relaxing about using ships in anno games

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
Show me a game where you don't go through the same general motions.

Sure, some have more variety than others, and anno is generally a lot more rigid in the way it handles progression, but that's fine.

And yes, I do like anno because it's an old man's game. I like nice stuff I can think when I play. It's why I liked the resident evil series and why I will prolly play RE2 remake, they're a lot more slow paced.
It's why I liked arma 3 as well.

Dragon

The Mighty Dragon
Donator
Strategist
Game Admin
Show me a game where you don't go through the same general motions.

Sure, some have more variety than others, and anno is generally a lot more rigid in the way it handles progression, but that's fine.

And yes, I do like anno because it's an old man's game. I like nice stuff I can think when I play. It's why I liked the resident evil series and why I will prolly play RE2 remake, they're a lot more slow paced.
It's why I liked arma 3 as well.
you so old Kappa

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
https://www.anno-union.com/en/ubisoft-is-partnering-with-epic-games-store-for-anno-1800/

Will the experience for Steam players be the same as Uplay players?
Everyone who pre-ordered Anno 1800 on Steam will be able to play the game upon its release on April 16 2019 and will receive all future content and game updates at the same time as players on other digital storefronts.

Will future patch and content be available to Steam players?
Steam buyers will receive all future content and game updates at the same time as players on other digital storefronts.
Disappointing. But w/e. I preodered on STEAM and I will be able to get my game. But this is the 2nd time in 6 months when a preorder I made got exclusivity to epic store sometime after I preordered it. The first was with Metro Exodus which I basically preordered day 1 and the 2nd one was this one which I preordered about a month ago.

This is just shit.

EDIT: I also can't help but notice that Epic Store pulls shit like this with 2 weeks -> 1 month before release. This is pretty fucking slimy.

I really think anno could benefit from a building formation system like in supreme commander where you can make building formats and such so you don't have to stress over every tile and build the same building formation for the milionth time.

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
I really think anno could benefit from a building formation system like in supreme commander where you can make building formats and such so you don't have to stress over every tile and build the same building formation for the milionth time.
Since attractiveness is actually going to matter now, if you happen to have spaces you can't use for the building you want, you can just put some decoration there and get some nice bonus to attractiveness in your city.

And a lot of production buildings have very creative ways to arrange your shit now. So potato fields and corn fields can have any other shape they can.