Warclave

If you wish to fully enjoy the forums and all its features, or simply engage with the community don't forget to register!

Diablo Immortals: More Information and Old Devs Speaking Out

dbK

The Shadow
Donator
Loyalist
Ratings
430 4
For everyone who doesn't know, Blizzard, at this year's Blizzcon, announced a mobile game for Diablo. Before saying things like 'why is it such a big deal' or 'there is nothing wrong with that' , know that many people have nothing against an extra option for mobile, but rather enraged by everything from:
a) How they announced it.
b) What has been said about the community.
c) Their style and how the company is not as it used to be.
d) Attitude of 'We know best'
e) Forgetting the fact that the community has made them famous, supporting them when they have done a great job.

A lot of people hvae been speaking out, I am sure you have seen news about it, I have posted some videos of other people in UoS discord, but there is more. Here is a video I literally just watched and it contains most (if not all) news so far about Blizzard's internal process right now and two old developers of Blizzard speaking out:

My opinion is that I agree on the fact Blizzard has taken a drastic path towards failure, but then again, it surely is Activision. So our main problem is Blizzard's Activion Internals, and this surely is not Blizzard's sole fault. I am extremely curious to see the effect of this on the Blizzard games, both old and new, like Warcraft 3 Reforged, WoW Classic and Starcraft 2.

Tell me what you think about all of this and if you have more information about the topic, please share ^.^

Cheers

Hawk

The White Wolf
Strategist
Chieftain
Ratings
646 1
I am honestly very disappointed and sad for Blizzard, it was a company that created so many games that I play even now, and seeing it go down as much as it did, feels like shit. :/

Dragon

The Mighty Dragon
Donator
Strategist
Game Admin
Ratings
912 1
I am honestly very disappointed and sad for Blizzard, it was a company that created so many games that I play even now, and seeing it go down as much as it did, feels like shit. :/
Well, Creative Assembly is going down too.
Bethseda fked up with their games too lately.
Battlefield V --- needless to say, Swedish Company aka Dice (works for EA Games).
Activision --Call of Duty - lul.
Ubisoft and Heroes of Might and Magic franchise (they probs killed it for good)
My point is that many companies go down and eventually fall, but this perhaps allows new companies to rise up, like Warhorse Studios -- Kingdom Come Deliverance.

dbK

The Shadow
Donator
Loyalist
Ratings
430 4
Battlefield V --- needless to say, Swedish Company aka Dice (works for EA Games).
My point is that many companies go down and eventually fall, but this perhaps allows new companies to rise up, like Warhorse Studios -- Kingdom Come Deliverance.
I totally see your point and, to some extent, agree, but it still makes me sad that it happens when it is totally not mandatory. There is still one company that did not fail, that is Piranha Bytes. Though, I do not know about their last game, ELEX, but I am looking forward to something they hopefully will make.

Gokalp123

Donator
Strategist
Ratings
Dunno about that CA remark. They seem to be taking notes on their last failure(Thrones of Brittania) and I've seen some promising changes on Three Kingdoms fans have been begging for many years like population and some form of diplomacy system similar to eu4. And their dlcs on warhammer games do not change any game mechanics unlike pdx dlcs that change %50 of the game everytime they release a dlc and put a paywall behind it. And Ubi didnt kill HoMM franchise, they tried to milk a dead franchise as 3DO went bankrupt. Also Kingdom Come was unplayable cuz of bugs at start. What I'm saying is all game dev studios have their ups and downs. It doesnt mean gaming is dead just cuz a triple A company released a heavily monetized utter crap.