Draggy and Me-> From Eurobattle to Battle.net Part1

Gokalp123

Donator
Strategist
Things have been hectic in UoS since last few days, and it's not going better right now. And to me, the reason is we can not keep our calm together and flame each other. Anyways, I decided to tell a short story to you about me and my best internet friend Draggy aka DragonRider. When I first started Warcraft3, I was in 9th grade. My friends got me in to play DotA. But more I played W3 better I realised its potential after playing other maps than DotA. Anyways I started playing RTS maps with DaoW, I had no idea how to play, yet I had lots of fun even after Ragnaros came to my raze my puny Scarlet holds. After that i played a couple of AWLRs and had the same fun. Then I was playing an RPG map with a Turkish friend I met in W3, some other friend invited me to AWLR. When i said this to my new met friend, he said:" You play AWLR?!" After that he invited my to TSO. That's where I met Draggy. At first I felt like a puny newbie who was out of his place, but TSO gave me a warm welcome. There were so many people that there wasn't always enough slots, yet I almost always got a slot while some veteran old timers stayed out. I sucked hard during those times(I still do though) yet they didn't insult me or kick me from games just cuz I played bad. There were dramas in TSO too but they lasted only a day and were forgotten tomorrow(And yea they were loud dramas between either Elesh aka Zano and someone or Draggy and Doomy)(Doomy and if I remember right Elesh weren't in TSO but in a brother clan called IMBA MISSHAS yet they got along with us so well) Those times were happy but as time passed, more people gave up on W3 and Draggy had to make a grim decision and fused us with a clan called IDEA(It's Kelthar's clan if you know him)
Unlike TSO, it wasn't an RTS clan though we had some fun time on there as well. But as time decayed everything, Eurobattle community collapsed as whole and one of our members discovered Garena. And Draggy Decided to migrate us there. This is the part1 of the story. As you can see I tried not to include my opinion on this story though I'm sorry if I did. Anyways you might ask what's the point in telling us this story. You will have to wait till part3 or 4 if I can't wrap it up in 3 parts. The reason I'm diving thiss story in 3 parts is I got tired after writing the first part(Yea i hate to write long stuff in one go). Also I forgot to mention something and thats called kick wars on TSO and yea it was harsh.

Gokalp123

Donator
Strategist
2nd part of the story: When we arrived at Garena, we united with a community there. At first, they were kinda harsh on us, calling us dirty eurobattle noobs and such, though they were a minority and most of them were cool guys. After sometime, we gained our place at Garena and made many friends. We had some fights too but it was basically fun. Also Garena is the place we met many of our current friends like Otto and Bolvar. I don't remember exactly but we had a huge fight and one community became two communities. One of them was made of people who called us noobs and other one was us. So we had TSO again under Garena community. Of course in Garena, you could have more than one clan, so some of us remained in old clan not to seperate our bonds with old guys. We were happy again, drama-free community was ours again so we had lots of fun as no one cared. It lasted till Draggy got drafted to military and after that we started losing players rapidly. Sure, Draggy had his holidays but that wasn't enough to keep clan together. Though he managed to keep the clan awake for 1-1.5 years or so. After that Garena shut down happened and Garena community was no more. That was when we understood how important Draggy was to us. Anyways this concludes 2nd part, while I wanted to be longer, I'm baking a cake right now so gotta take a break from writing. Tell me what you think uptill now please.

60ep

Donator
Map Maker
Loyalist
One thing I've been wondering is how DragonRider and all of you guys got to meet Enclop and joined him on UoS. I guess that's going to be told later.

Dragon

The Mighty Dragon
Donator
Strategist
Game Admin
You got my version of the tale in the other forum.

P.S. will never forget kick wars and me and chiller kick wars xd

Last edited:

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
Garena time period was hectic for me, both in life and in w3, and it is definently where I started falling out of love with w3. There were a lot of good people on garena that were good for games, but I did start to miss playing things like War of the Lost Kingdoms, TOK: Great War, and a few more games.

Too much DAOW, WIP (war in plaguelands, whatever version/type you care for), too many shit maps from pantherfag from gamerisle that basically were all about "hurr durr, gangbang" and imbalanced fucking betrayals from all sort of shitty events that completely ruined the balance of the game. Pantherfag = worst map maker ever. There was another culture, if you wish to call it that, of gaming in "epic maps" on garena than the one on eurobattle. I think it's because on eurobattle, the "epic maps" culture was "founded" by people like me, Sargaeras, Draggy, Archy, Goky, Sildry, a few more. We did the hosting, the clans, the chatrooms (chatroom "Epic"), etc. It basically grew from there.

I mean basically, I've been playing epic maps since the time of Azeroth Wars Strategy that was made by Augur.

That's (Garena) also when Archy and Sildry and Chilly ( Draggy's love interest :p ) and a few more start going away (archy basically just came on garena once or twice) and yeah... it stopped being all that interesting. Oh well. Just wanted to post this here. Not trying to steal the spotlight from Goky and I'm not trying to toot my own horn or piss on other people, but just thought this belonged here.

Last edited:
Goky daydreaming about the days long lost again?
Gokalp no matter how hard you try you cannot restore a broken ideal. I was in this community before you and DragonRider migrated and saw it's dawn and it's end. The moment league of legends came out our community shattered...... people were drawn toward the new game end of the story.
If it was something this frail it might have as well been broken all along...

Btw has been a while Doomy haven't seen you since a game of GOTH 3-4 years ago I think?

Last edited:
Hi! I dont know who most of the people here are, but I stumbled across this forum post and noticed some familiar names: TSO, DragonRider, Doomy, Gokalp. I used to play in TSO a long long time ago. I joined it back when it was a splinter of another clan and we used to play games with Fofm. My username was THAZER if you can remember. Its been freaking ages since I've heared these names, but I still remember Chiller, Elesh, Mitza, IcyReaper and that one brazilian guy. When you guys moved over to Garena I tried getting back into the game, but it just wasnt the same. Anyway, I made this account just to say hi to whatever remenents of TSO are there. I miss you guys

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
Hello THAZER, I remember you :)

I joined this club a couple of months ago too. Feel free to stop by and chat. How have you been?