Warclave

If you wish to fully enjoy the forums and all its features, or simply engage with the community don't forget to register!

Stellaris - New update and new DLC

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
Ratings
332 1
So the new DLC they are releasing comes with a (prolly very buggy, coz u know, PDOX l33t programming) major patch and a lot of updates.

Together, this is what comes up:

A new govt type -> corporate govt. It's like the default govt but with some unique mechanics and meant to blob less. Basically if you wanna play tall -> this is for you.

This is the least interesting one to be honest. The real interesting ones come with the free patch (bear in mind that i don't know exactly where the line is drawn.).

• The planetary tile system (and therefore the game economy) is completely overhauled.
  • A lot of changes to the resource system. Best I can explain is like this: You know how in HOI3 you had raw materials and processed materials? So you had crude oil but you had to turn it into fuel in order to keep the war machine running? well it's like that but for almost all resources.
  • Trading. Trade is... basically another way to make money and an expansion on the previous system of "trade" where you had energy modules for your space ports. This is will probably be the most idiotic feature this game brings.
  • Pop reform. Now it's more like space victoria 2 lite. You still have the same pop system but now your planet can sustain a larger number of pops because of the way they implemented the tile system, by which I mean, they completely got rid of the old tile system and replaced it with an eu4-like system. So now, depending on your population, you "unlock" some tiles you can build special buildings that offer jobs to your pops. The unhappy part of this issue is that it would be a lot better if they went full vicky 2 and dealt with a more in depth economic system, but w/e, it's a drastic improvement from the previous one.
  • Loads of changes to the unity traditions and ascension perks.
  • Loads of changes to the way swarms and robots work. So now there is a bigger diff between organic normal people, swarms and robots.
  • Galactic market. Basically what vicky 2 did automatically and behind the scenes, you can do manually here. (yes, I know you could do it manually in vicky2 but why would you????!?!)

Honestly, this game is now prolly #1 pdox game. I know I said this before, but I do think it is the best one. For both SP and MP.

GG. Just when I finished writing this and went to look at the pdox forum and got this post. just read this and it'll be fine. Overall, this is the 2nd best expansion announced but prolly the best free patch announced.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ev-diary-136-2-2-le-guin-patch-notes.1132161/

Last edited:

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
Ratings
332 1
Now I preordered the DLC (like a scrub) and I can host. however, it will probably be prudent to wait until they release the obligatory 1-2 week patch for all the bugs they will inevitably introduce. So we'll talk before christmas (the normal one, not russian one Pona) about a potential MP game. We don't need to be a lot of people. The AI is fairly competent in Stellaris. At least till the mid-game when it suddenly becomes retarded.
That is of course, presuming they don't fuck up the AI in this release.