Warclave

If you wish to fully enjoy the forums and all its features, or simply engage with the community don't forget to register!

The End is nigh

Ratings
Quote from ENT Discord
Jabba41Today at 12:09 AM Hello Humans, Orcs, Undead and Night elves. For those of you wondering why you are unable to play that game of Legion TD, Vampirism or Dota you were so looking forward to, It is because We as Auto hosting Bot providers felt drastic measures were needed to show how much value we bring to the Warcraft 3 community. Not only do we provide a stable host for all to enjoy where we endeavor to keep the games clear of griefers and trolls but we also strive to keep games competitive by adding ranking systems and tracking your stats to ensure a more enjoyable experience. Blizzard wants to remove Hosting bots from Warcraft 3. If they do, this is what it will be like for everyone. Fear not, for our services are only down temporarily but if we don't band together and convince Blizzard to change their mind, you will never be able to play that competitive custom game ever again. Official message from all the following communities: ENT Gaming, OHSystem, MYMGN, MMH, GhostPlay, Diplomunion.com, Werewolf Transylvania, MaulBot, Warcraft3.eu ------- Support us on the official Blizzard forum https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/12790218/ or share your opinions here: https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=135688 or leave your vote here: https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-return-hosting-bot-functionality-in-the-next-warcraft-3-patch

dbK

The Shadow
Donator
Loyalist
Ratings
429 4
Blizzard's tactics are so awful. Do they not think at all? If they kill the hosting communities, a very lot of people will leave and then Warcraft will surely be much more dead. Warcraft has survived in Blizz's absence

anden

Strategist
Loyalist
Ratings
384 1
dis does not sound good. just asking does wc3 crash any more? I would like to know

Last edited:

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
Ratings
332 1
Oh well. At least you'll all still have memories of it. Still, they supported it for almost 20 years. I guess it was time to pull the plug at some point.

Hawk

The White Wolf
Strategist
Chieftain
Ratings
645 1
I hope they might be planning something at least, since there is no logical reason to kill off a game and its community, you're just losing profit. Which Blizzard doesn't like as per fact they have a pure gold logo hanging in their office.

60ep

Donator
Map Maker
Loyalist
Ratings
It really sucks for those who have been spending a lot of time making custom maps and never got to release them. For me it doesn't really matter as I don't have time and motivation to finish my projects anyway, but if this had happened back when I spent most of my free time on wc3 world editor it would really piss me off.

Ratings
140 1
Its a big problem. In the one hand, WC3 is quite still popular and have relatively big active community
On the other hand, Blizzard cant make money out of it.

anden

Strategist
Loyalist
Ratings
384 1
well whit the critical information I have(can't share it whit anyone sadly) I have a hard time believe that Blizzard what to destroy wc3 just because they can't make any money from it

ponasozis

Anger Marine
Ratings
482 1
I am pretty sure they want to kill private servers this way
Thats why they are also adding this
Specific Changes & Improvements
  • Maps will now be uploaded and downloaded from the cloud
  • All custom games from all gateways are now visible in the lobby browser
  • Port forwarding is no longer required to host your favorite map
  • Encrypted network traffic

Bug Fixes
  • Desyncs with certain custom maps resolved
  • Custom sound files with meta data play again
  • External links from Battle.net load
  • Breath of Fire translated in Italian

Known Issues
  • Cloud downloads for mac causes the game to freeze if connecting to a windows host.
  • Arranged teams dont work (fix in progress)

One thing they are forgetting trough is that bot commands are very important in hosting games
When bots die so do their commands and then its rip
Every hosted map will have autists intentionally ruining game for everyone or team killing

Ratings
140 1
I am pretty sure they want to kill private servers this way
Thats why they are also adding this
Specific Changes & Improvements
  • Maps will now be uploaded and downloaded from the cloud
  • All custom games from all gateways are now visible in the lobby browser
  • Port forwarding is no longer required to host your favorite map
  • Encrypted network traffic

Bug Fixes
  • Desyncs with certain custom maps resolved
  • Custom sound files with meta data play again
  • External links from Battle.net load
  • Breath of Fire translated in Italian

Known Issues
  • Cloud downloads for mac causes the game to freeze if connecting to a windows host.
  • Arranged teams dont work (fix in progress)

One thing they are forgetting trough is that bot commands are very important in hosting games
When bots die so do their commands and then its rip
Every hosted map will have autists intentionally ruining game for everyone or team killing
And dont forget all of my pro !stats. People might forget how pro I am without seeing my sexy stats.

Ske

Mostly Trustworthy
Tech Admin
Donator
Strategist
Ratings
710 1
Or maybe its the prelude to their own improved hosting system. Stay positive :)

ponasozis

Anger Marine
Ratings
482 1
Or maybe its the prelude to their own improved hosting system. Stay positive :)
are you kidding me
when was last time blizzard did anything positive ?
the day blizzard merged with activision they became new EA whoring themselves out to share holders

Ske

Mostly Trustworthy
Tech Admin
Donator
Strategist
Ratings
710 1
It is, they will make it so we don't need to host with port forward or anything. But BOTS ARE BETTER
I actually think its a nice change. Bots have alot of disadvantages. They crash, they create queues, they allow for admin abuse. And they demand people to open their browser and go online on MMH.

I think more people will be likely to host games now. I for one, am not a doomsday prophet. I think Blizzard might even revive wc3 to its glory days :)

Johannhest

The White Wizard
Strategist
Game Admin
Ratings
334 1
I actually think its a nice change. Bots have alot of disadvantages. They crash, they create queues, they allow for admin abuse. And they demand people to open their browser and go online on MMH.

I think more people will be likely to host games now. I for one, am not a doomsday prophet. I think Blizzard might even revive wc3 to its glory days :)
No host commands in your own hosted games tho