Welcome!

Be our guest and feel free to browse our website and enjoy the content we present to the public. If you would like to participate in our discussions and to have full access to the forums, you are most encouraged to register and become an active member of our growing community.

The great shitpost thread!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by voodoo_chile, Oct 17, 2017.

1. voodoo_chile

By:voodoo_chileOct 17, 2017

I missed the whole hubbub that went on in the discord thread, so I'm not really sure what's going on. But what I've seen is that LizardKnight's post in my Studying thread was deleted by Ske, the post was only mildly offensive and I haven't seen "admins" (that have their heads in the sky, though I can only make this claim for @Hawk) blink an eye at far worse. And when LizardKnight raised the issue of Ske abusing his power he was told to:
    I think it's best if the issue was made public.
    Edit1: Ske's first response to this thread was calling it a joke, and the admin abuse threads a meme suggesting that they should be deleted, without any elaboration. Improper admin behavior if you ask me.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Roleplayer Roleplayer x 1
    • List
  2. Hawk

By:HawkOct 17, 2017
    The Old Lion
    Loyalist Strategist

We can have this debate, as long as everyone follows this forums rules. I will post soon on this issue. Short story, it wasn't abuse and people shouldn't use posts that are off topic to the thread, if they wish to discuss it they can ask it privately and our staff will gladly explain their reasoning.

3. 60ep

By:60epOct 17, 2017
    Donator Loyalist Map Maker

I agree that it wasn't any offensive on our standards and brought it up in our discord's admin chat as soon as Lizard complained about it a couple hours ago. I don't really see a reason to make a thread about it but w/e

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. OrlokDaEternal

By:OrlokDaEternalOct 17, 2017
    Loyalist Strategist

During Ske's brief hiatus, was he corrupted by the Shadow Council of BotR? Only time will tell..

5. OrlokDaEternal

By:OrlokDaEternalOct 17, 2017
    Loyalist Strategist

I feel like the 'reason' thingy should be filled out properly. Saying "rule breaking" (as just happened to my post) as a reason is hardly useful. I would much prefer to be directed to the relevant rule. I mean, I assume that mine was removed because my joke was technically not strictly what the thread was asking for, despite still being TECHNICALLY on-topic. Never would have happened in my moderation days, smh.
    Note to admin who doesn't know how to administrate: This is on-topic as it is directly responding to the thread, therefore, deleting it would be a little bit naughty. Dun do it.
    Edit: Moderating to the point of people having to take precautions to not have their posts deleted, is very bad practice. I joke about this never happening in my days, because it wouldn't. I feel like the philosophy then was definitely 'live and let live' because if you start enforcing too harshly, posts will go down and people will leave. Just a little warning :)

6. Ske

By:SkeOct 17, 2017
    Mostly Trustworthy
    Tech Admin Donator Strategist

A debate about my "Admin abuse" ? :p Good laugh.

If you have any serious inquiries, feel free to message me. If you are polite, then so am i.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. voodoo_chile

Seems to be as much as off topic as Orlok's first post.
    Edit: Admins disagree. hmm strange.

ADMIN NOTE: It's to the admins to decide that (what is offtopic or not), that's why they are admins.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. i.am.norsk

By:i.am.norskOct 17, 2017
    SAD!
    Donator Game Admin

[​IMG]
    It was an unserious post that didn't contribute to the discussion any more than being a joke. A good one, but still a joke. If you wanted less "debate" atmosphere you should have created the thread somewhere else so that memes could be posted as well.
    Dont see how Ske responding to the thread that he will be polite in the coming discussion and that if there is anything else they can PM him is off topic. As I replied to you in the other thread where you accused Hawk of something else as well:
    "Elaboration and examples are key." Elaborate, dont just say "off topic". And also come with examples of events, dont just say someone has done something.

I agree that admins should point towards which rule was broken, and that "rule-breaking" is wayy too vague.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. voodoo_chile

I made the thread so the issue would be made PUBLIC and PUBLICLY discussed, an invitation to talk in private is off-topic.
    Defending himself with good laugh and an emoticon isn't really contributing to the thread.
    Also calling my thread not serious sure brings a lot to the the fucking discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Ske

By:SkeOct 17, 2017
    Mostly Trustworthy
    Tech Admin Donator Strategist

I think an invitation to a private conversation, is as fitting as respond to an invitation to a public one :) Doest get more on-topic than that.

Your discussion is not serious because you already claim to have found the truth. E.g. You state that I am abusing admin powers. It is not valid to 'defend' because I don't agree that I am in any situation that needs defending.

So it is a waste of time debating if the apple is green or red when there is no apple.

Despite that, I will give you an answer:

Having a message deleted is not admin abuse. Having a message deleted means that one post - in an admins opinion - stepped over the line. If there is anything to debate, it is whether or not that particular judgment on that particular post, was correct or not. Even IF, and I am entertaining your thoughts here, IF Lizard Knights post was incorrectly removed, then it would be - at the most - a faulty judgment and not a deliberate abuse. But that is the thing with admins, they make these calls on a daily basis and we are admins because we know how to make these judgments.

You approach to the situation is not constructive and my guess is that you are very much aware, but you simply enjoy some drama. And that is probably why you didn't accept my invite to a private conversation because you are simply here to stir the pot. Not as funny when there is no crowd right?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. voodoo_chile

The point of admin abuse threads is to discuss whether you know how to make judgments or not. And if you read my thread carefully its called POSSIBLE abuse, and in the thread I indirectly asked for the situation to be cleared up in a public chat. I'll repeat myself you're acting like sophists.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Tehfebeb

By:TehfebebOct 17, 2017
    Good Goyim
    Donator Loyalist Strategist

All Ske's decisions are final

Normies don't have to understand why

• Approved by Ske Approved by Ske x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. AwesomeGuy

By:AwesomeGuyOct 17, 2017
    Loyalist Strategist

Not everyone can be polite all the time. Especially when you are mad or angry on someone (in an arguement for example, when you are triggered about something. Or if you got an insult from someone. Or if you are just joking around and cant make polite jokes.). I can understand Lizard, and I would do the same thing if I was in his place.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Flotsie

By:FlotsieOct 17, 2017

Ske is like Arlt he's a dane and must not be touched. He is your Gul'Dan

• Approved by Ske Approved by Ske x 1
    • List
  15. dbK

By:dbKOct 17, 2017
    The Shadow
    Donator Strategist

It is possible to remain polite and all that when mad and angry. Not all are able to do that, but it is more than possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Cael

By:CaelOct 17, 2017
    Donator Strategist

Its not even a question of remaining polite but using common sense and showing human decency. the moment someone lets the discussion get to them that they feel the need to attack with insults they lose the argument and make a fool of themselves, it happens to often on this forum tbh.

Edit:
    I also feel it should be in admins best judgment that if someones posts devolves to such a extent where insults are used and cant act in a mature manned the post should be removed until the person can reply in a civilized manner, not just when posts are off topic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. dbK

By:dbKOct 17, 2017
    The Shadow
    Donator Strategist

It's not only in this forum. Is a general thing. And I fully agree with you on "the moment someone lets the discussion get to them that they feel the need to attack with insults they lose the argument and make a fool of themselves"

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  18. CazDawg

By:CazDawgOct 17, 2017
    Kangaroo
    Game Admin Strategist

I honestly believe LizardKnight's post was fine - to some degree - because it did feature that serious element when he discussed his degree and the industry Cael partakes in.

If there can't be any explicit language or meaning in our posts, then I think we are losing a part of what our community is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  19. Cael

By:CaelOct 17, 2017
    Donator Strategist

I agree but its obvious when its said as a joke or when its said to offend, i dont even know what lizards original post was but hes made his views on homosexuality clear so as he keeps bringing it up id assume it was to cause offence. Like his usual posts.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. anden

By:andenOct 17, 2017
    Loyalist Strategist

series? well, don't know what this is about but.delete a thread for being offtopic series? when you admins have really much work to do right now. I don't know any thread I have read what has at last one time something is offtopic.
    and yes in an argument you have lost it if you start to frow insults so yes whats true but don't delete them. it's just fun to see when someone does what we have had many threads does times happened and we know there are people who thing is just funny. but insulting people is bad and not okay if the person you insulted got hurt by what you sad. and what I say about Ske abusing his power? don't think so. but I did not see what it was all about so I don't know if it's abuse or not. but I just know it feels wrong to delete just for being offtopic. series we have hundreds of does and they did never get deleted so why now? if there was some kind of insult in it and someone got sad about it when maybe it's okay.

But I will say what I have on my mind right now. the admins for the times (the chieftain in what to)are behaving childishly you are behaving like you can do stuff whit out asking the community and the only thing that is doing to the community is destroying it. you will soon create 2 sides in the community the people and the admins.(counting on people who support the admins) what will not end well when for when what happens there is just a matter of time before dis community falls apart. so listen now. first Lizard and other people stop being a child speak whit them private and save the information of the discussion. so if the admins are abusing you will have photo evidence. admins stop delete stuff for just being offtopic when did we turn to a community who need so many freaking stupid ides like. giving people the title gamemaster? when I was a moderator I know my mission was to create games for people to play I did never need any fancy title or something who cares? second, I know we have had what rule to follow the topic even in the old forum and we did never keep what rule and no one cared as long it was to mutch people who was going offtopic and why start to follow what rule now for some reason?

a good example where the basic sad they can do whatever they want even if we don't like it. was on the discord thread where they sad dis is a dictatorship. and who sad what? well, ower own chieftain. so listen now start to understand what if you admins keep dis up you will make more and more people leave and in the end, there will just be you, admins left and when you have destroyed dis community. so stop be on your high horse and think what you can do whatever you guys want. dis is the internet you can not force people to stay like a real dictatorship can.

edited: well I can see I think I maybe did not think really about what I sad. first @voodoo_chile I don't want you to speak about dis things in public before you have trayed to speak whit someone in the staff you can make people thing dis is a bigger thing when it can be. maybe is just a useless argument where you just when too much offtopic so it needs to be deleted I don't know. Second, i can understand if people now start to think I don't like the admins we have right now or they did not deserve their places. for I like them really much and I think they do deserve there place in the staff. but a good example of doing something that was bad and then say I don't care what you(the community do I mean what you)say just live whit what we decade for I say so. in a community where most people have donated money for they want to support the community and when saying you don't care what do people say is like basically kicking them in the back and say thanks for the money but I do whatever I want I don't care what you say.

oh ye and moving do discord does look like a bad ide as i see. we just to have mutch more poeple online on ts when on discorde so. ye discorde is uset more in the world but does look like we don't find many people who use it as mutch as ts. just love what i can see the discorde activity on the forum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List