Why UoS is superior to Diplo

Srdjan Radivojevic

Strategist
Loyalist
You like the title? Quality tier shit post incoming...

I have been snooping around Diplomunion (i know, i know, i showered afterwards) to try and make sense of the recent drama and split that has happened.

The people to blame are the roleplayers. As many already know, roleplayers are the root of all evil. This was also the case in diplo. Basically a group of the roleplayers was unsatisfied with Diplo, because they wasnt allowed to roleplay in their specific way. So they created a rogue discord community, and started recruiting people who were already roleplaying on diplo. A roleplayer that gets unsatisfies and start his own community, is not a big chocker, it happens from time to time. Just look at @BolvarFordring, who now runs his own community. What was the main issue here, was that some of these people had ranks within diplo, so they were in some regard "staff members". This was considered a conflict of interest, by other parts of diplo, as you naturally shouldnt work for the competitor. That would be similar to UoS working together with BOTR.... wait....

I will rephrase. That would simply never happen at UoS. Our staff members know that its a conflict of interest to recruit to other communities. And our members are significantly younger than most diplo members. So even though UoS has the reputation of being autistic children, we are way more sane when it comes to these sort of ethics. What interested me the most, was that these seemingly adult and intellectual diplo members, actually defended the position, as if it was in their good right to move members away from diplo. They used hard arguments such as "It says nowhere in the rules, that a moderator cant be in several communities". While that is correct, it also says no where in the rules, that you cant have sex with your neighbor, but how can you act suprised when your girlfriend(s) finds out? Maybe using girlfriend metaphors are not comprehendable for diplo members, but my point is: Its obvious. Its normally sane logic. Defending this position, is retardet. Even for UoS standards.

But these individuals believing themself to be intellingent beings, who cannot do wrong, would rather start a shitstorm of debate than admit that they stepped over the line. This is where UoS is supreme, because we know that we are all retarded, and that we step over the line all the time :D. But we can admit it and move on. That keeps us together.

It also made me realize a funny fact. Teamspeak might just be superior to Discord afterall. I mean, any retarded 14 year old girl can create a discord (no pun intended Gracia) but setting up a teamspeak server actually requires a certain level of tech skills. So as soon as someone gets dissatisfied, they can quickly and easily move on, with the userfriendlyness of Discord. But if they had to do actual WORK to set up a new teamspeak server to gather their community, they might just find it more convenient to compromise. So what do you know, a long time discord supporter such as myself, just changed his point of view.

And why should Diplo be the only one gaining activity on such a good drama? Let us suck every piece of drama and bathe in it.

So what is your take on the Diplo situation?
Should we create a Diplo refuge center, for the exiled diploers?
Will we ever defeat the roleplayers and banish them from our realm?
Inbefore @Ske says UOS autistic kids are more sane than Diplo fams

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
I don't know anything about this topic since I haven't gone to diplo in God knows how long, but I agree with the OP in all ways. We should accept refugees as a compassionate society. Diversity is our strength.

Doomy

Clean your room
Donator
Strategist
Loyalist
I'm sure the refugees will go back to their forums once the civil war subsides. Until then, refugees welcome.

KoreanGamer

The Product of Multi-Culturalism
Donator
Strategist
It also made me realize a funny fact. Teamspeak might just be superior to Discord afterall. I mean, any retarded 14 year old girl can create a discord (no pun intended Gracia) but setting up a teamspeak server actually requires a certain level of tech skills. So as soon as someone gets dissatisfied, they can quickly and easily move on, with the userfriendlyness of Discord. But if they had to do actual WORK to set up a new teamspeak server to gather their community, they might just find it more convenient to compromise. So what do you know, a long time discord supporter such as myself, just changed his point of view.
so I come back to read the forums after a few months and I hear this. WHAT.

Also I agree with you that recruiting members from other communities is wrong but for reference the heavy irony is that it is how UoS got established.

I was Chieftain of BotR and left after a disagreement. @60ep @Dragon @Venderoth, Gamon and a host of other people particularly the older people, took them from BotR (either by asking or they left voluntarily).

Dragon

The Mighty Dragon
Donator
Strategist
Game Admin
so I come back to read the forums after a few months and I hear this. WHAT.

Also I agree with you that recruiting members from other communities is wrong but for reference the heavy irony is that it is how UoS got established.

I was Chieftain of BotR and left after a disagreement. @60ep @Dragon @Venderoth, Gamon and a host of other people particularly the older people, took them from BotR (either by asking or they left voluntarily).
well to clarify, I was not in BotR, I joined UoS a few days after it was established, but I moved in with my previous clan members, from Garena, something I took time to introduce and bring them in, some of which you see are pona, gamon?, gokalp, Lucek, Dejan, Laitdark, and a few bunch more, used to be way more in past, oh and frozen, I decided to join UoS by will back then instead of creating my own clan, and I have no regrets :)

Its been over or almost 4 years since then, Time flies... I remember back on the establishment of UoS, the chaotic and difficulties we faced, the long journey and the problems, externally and internally, I cannot believe we're still out here after so long, I can't believe any of us are still here, The people here are the reason i'm staying, I still remember that past, Damn, what a good time :)