World of Alune Reborn! [OOC/Character Creation]

Hawk

The White Wolf
Strategist
Chieftain
After more than a year passed from the original WoA RP over on BH, and months after losing the original document holding ~30 pages of lore for the world I have crafted I have finally taken heed from my friends and role players to revive it back after so much time had elapsed from the original one. Before I dwell back into some basic lore explaining the world, races and the world map I'd like to warn everyone that this will only be a sort of PRELUDE to the original role play I intend to do. This may or may not become canon in the RP to come. The main reason for this is that even though I have found the print version of my document with the lore, it is a older version of it so not everything is in it. With this prelude and the way it will work I will fill in the blanks with your guys's help!

The way this will work is I'll give a brief (common) lore explanation of the world, afterwards I'll list the races and sub races that exist. To create a character you will chose a race (and sub race if one exists) I will private message you the basic lore of said race and anything else that you might need know. Afterwards with the given information you will create your character, you can fairly open with your character creation and I urge you to experiment with the backstory. After thats done I will give you the last reminder lore that your charcater might know going with his backstory and you will be able to chose a starting position in the world map and start the RP. ^^
Hopefully this wasn't too complicated if you have any questions please be free to ask them here! ^.^

Alune

Alune, the name represents many things for the people that live in it, the continent of Alune, the Realm of Alune, Alune the God. Alunes origin is unknown to almost all mortal races that live on it. The common folk of almost any race connect the creation of Alune to a single entity they call The Builder. Even though all races and cultures have different names for this so called Builder, all of them have the same story. The Builder before anything existed created Alune, the realm of the living and Enula, the spirit realm (the realm of the undying). After making the lands, rivers, lakes, oceans, forests he created its first inhabitants. Starting from Demons to animals, Dwarves, Elves... and finishing with Humans. Afterwards he disappeared, some say he died, fell into a long sleep, some even say he never disappeared and is still watching over his creation from above. Only evidence of him are only left in stories the common-folk tell their children.

Elune
Elune, the spirit realm as mentioned before it is a place where all spirits go to rest. It is said that the realm mirrors Alune in its looks, but is shaded in a mystical fog and colors are more vibrant and different than in the realm of the living. Most races think if Elune as a scared place and pray or celebrate its existance with various festivals and other rituals. All of that is done in hopes that the spirits that leave for this realm will find rest and not disturb the living.

Anule
Anule, the realm of the undying or just Nether as known to the common-folk. Its creation rather then The Builder's making it is man made, or better yet Human made. After the appearance of Humans on the Alunien continent, their numbers swiftly grew to outnumber almost any other race inhabiting Alune. This in the beginning did no matter to any other race as they were mostly secluded to their homeland, The First Human Kingdom (soon to be Empire) in the North-West. But after the Humans have encountered the Demons, which at this point where the strongest race on Alune and have enslaved almost all races on Alune at that time, they were disgusted by the slavery and fel magic usage of them. Soon enough they launched their Crusade, with their zealous Human king and the new-born religion of the Holy Light leading them. Sole numbers quickly overrun the Demons and started sending them to Elune. But with the zealous humans sending so many souls of Demons and other races that served and fought aside them, the Spirit Realm shattered, tearing itself apart in two creating Anule. Where almost all demons from that day forward are banished to after getting killed in the realm of the Living.

To better document Alunes history, historians have divided its history into Ages. Each age represents a period of time when a certain Race was dominant, they last around 900~1500 years. There has been 3 ages documented, with the fourth beginning, but there is still some knowledge of history before the 4 ages called Pre-Age.

I Age:
I Age was the age of Mankind, or Humans to other Races. After their appearance on a lonley Ancestor Island in the now known Merchants Bay, spread rather quickly throughout North-West of the continent. Soon after they launched their Crusade against the fel-wielding Demons and won they retreated to their now known First Human Empire, which stretched to about quarter of the continent. As time passed Humans grew bolder and instead of just trading and exchanging knowledge with other races they went started to conquer them. First major known war was against the High Elven Kingdom, or Kingdom of the Sun. The sole reason for it is for more arcane power or knowledge that the greedy Humans thought the Elves were hiding from them, even though they taught the first Humans how to wield the Arcana. They Humans swiftly conquered any land that the Elves had on the Alune continent, but to finish the war and reach the Arcana secrets of the Elves, Humans needed to make a big enough navy to counter the Elven one. To aid them in this task the arrogant Humans opened a front with the Dwarves of the South. This mistakes costed the Humans their war and Empire, with combined might of the Old Alliance (alliance of these two elder races) the Humans collapsed under the might of the Hammer and Arcane.

II Age:
After the collapse of the Human Empire the Old Alliance expanded their borders tremendously. Both Elves and Dwarves seemed content with this, but decades passed and the mountain-dwellers realized they couldn't or cared enough for their new lands. The Elves kindly accepted these lands and took hold of them and started exploiting them for their own. Nevertheless as the Dwarves had problems holding so muh land so did the Elves, to compensate for that the Elves used Aracana. For a long period Alune was at peace and prospering, but all good things must come to and end. Before long a Civil War broke out between two rival houses, The House of the Sun and The House of the Moon, each wanting to put their own on the throne. The Civil raged on for decades, until The House of the Moon decided to hire the Orcs of the East, these brutish race was hardly persuaded into joining the Elves cause, but gold and blank promises made them change their mind. After the war was over and the House of Moon put their monarch in the throne, they soon turned on the Orcs that helped them and enslaved them, thinking of them no more than savages. This victory made the Elves even more brave to subdue other races, such as Humans and even threaten their old allies. Not too long after the Dwarves and the even some Elves helped the chained Humans and Orcs to escape their masters and start a rebellion that extinguished the Elven Empire. This fall ended slavery for most races and Empires and their dominions.

III Age:
After the defeat of Elves and release of their lands and slaves most races went back to their homelands not wanting further bloodshed. But the brutish Orcs of the East, in the light of recent events joined into a single Horde under a single Warchief, only time in recorded history that it happened. Sole reason for the creation of the Horde, was the revenge and bloodlust Orcs still wanted against the Elves, pillaging and attacking their coast cities and villages. But as wildfire this pillaging spread across Alune, and Orcs grew bolder and bolder with every attack, even attacking their old Allies, Humans and Dwarves, even though the Warchief of the Horde forbid it. Humans and Dwarves seeing no other way to stop the upcoming looters, invited their old ally into a trap killing off the Warchief and many other tribe chiefs, ending the Age of Savages.

Races:
Here is a list of all the races you may pick, after posting what race you want to create a character with I will PM you all the details and history of you as a part of the race should know.

• Humans
    • Westshire Kingdom; Bazaar Haven; Merkantport
    • Valeria
    • Nords; Northshire
  • Dwarves
    • Shifting Sand Dwarves
    • Gnomes
  • Elves
    • High Elves
    • Wood Elves
    • Dark Elves
  • Orcs
    • Ironblood, Natureswrath, Dragonscale, Bloodmoon Clan
  • Gnomes
  • Ogres
    • Bloodstone Clan
    • Other
  • Demons
    • Imps
    • Dragons
      • Emerald
      • Sapphire
      • Ruby
    • Daemons
    • Other (WIP)
  • Other; you are free to suggest any race or animal you might want to be, as the lore is still a work in progress. As an example @balnazzar picked to be a sentient Hydra after accidently eating a gem with a demons soul trapped within.
After I've sent you the lore and everything you need to know you will create a character following it with this sheet:

Name:
Race:
Magic/s:
Follower/s:
Backstory:
Family:

Now I will explain each of these.
Name - Self explanitory, try to make it work with your race.
Age - Again.^
Location - You can pick it on your own, but be warned putting a Human in the East or a Dwarf in Greyscale mountains is a bad idea, but you can still do it. If you want me to pick your starting position just leave it blank.
Race - Same thing you can pick from the ones listed, or make a whole new race, but don't be suprised if you get shutdown.
Magic/s - If you are a mage, type what tier you are and which types you are using.
Follower/s - Name your followers, pets or others. Put their backstory here or in the text bellow. (Max 3)
Backstory - Well self explanitory, try to make it describe your training where you are from...etc.
Family - If it is unknown leave it blank. Your fathers and mothers name, what they are, some backstory if you want. This mostly works if you are a dukes son or something and you are the heir to his Duchy, etc.

ALUNE - Political.png
THE MAP ^

Last edited:
IMG_0963.JPG
Name:April Greensong
Race:High Elf
Magic/s: Druidic Magic 4th Tier, Arcane Magic 3rd Tier (Master of Transfiguration)
Follower/s:Cloudtail (Stormfang Eagle; Mastery over Thunder magics), Barkwood (Treant; Mastery over Water magics), Adrenas Lightstor (Human, Priest)
Backstory:After her father allowed her to travel amongst the continent even after her practices of Druidism long thought to be 'heretic' and 'Wood Elven Magic' were finished becoming a Archdruid of the Emerald Vale south of the Faerie Isles due to the places connection to the Forest creatures, building Shrines for the embodiment of the animal gods she discovered; Wild Gods she called them; Two of many Wild Gods rested in the Vale, Frathur, patron of the Stags and Steeds of the world and Caluron, patron of all bears of the world. As more shrines were built and expansion of the central tower called Shalanir more knowledge not just on druidic arts came to the tower, arcane tomes and familiars came and soon enough a her brother ___________ Greensong came to the tower of Shalanir bringing a message from her father;
" The family estate is growing weary of your absence dear daughter, please return for the government is in a troubling time." with the letter read and archived in her private study she showed her brother the grounds of the Vale and all that it offered, unlike her brothers attitre hers was much more 'open', a long emerald and brown dress adorned her body with different hues of yellow and green scattering the dress, leaves of an autumnal shade, red , orange and yellow flowing down the backside giving a contrast to her 'springtime' feel of her frontal view. She showed her brother her companions she'd loved and gathered over her time in the Vale she called for Cloudtail a mighty Stormfang Eagle, his pitch-black feathers with a bright yellow almost acting like a headress, Barkwood then appearred almost from nothing the deep red bark was complimented by the springtime and playful assortment of green leaves.
Family:Acandor Greensong [Father, Noble, Owner of Greensong Estate and member of the High Elf hierarchy], Tiania Greensong [Mother, Noble, Archmage, Master of the Arcane field], [Hawks Character]

Last edited:
Name - Scald

Age - 1,368

Location - http://imgur.com/a/9h7ye

Race - Hydra

Magic/s - Fel magic tier 3, School of restoration, and destruction tier 2.

Follower/s – None yet.

Backstory – Scald was living but a simple life of a normal hydra. Yet they all changed one day when he saw a strange looking green thing. Whatever this small green thing was, Scald, the hydra was feeling pretty hungry and this green thingy looks good for a snack. For some reason the green thing just decided to go inside this rather giant hole. Scald proceeds to follow it and wondering where this small green thing was going. Scald was slowly stalking this green thingy from be hide. After a bit of time in this really damp, dark, and dank cave that has a lot of smooth stone for some reason. It came to a point where Scald was be hide this green thingy. The green thingy was looking at this kind of thingy with images? Scald didn’t care, honestly. All it heads proceed to drop down for feeding time! Every shred and bit was eaten and went down. The map simply dropped on the floor that was once being read.

Within the few minutes something changed. That green thingy was an orc! What an orc? Green skins humanoid that are more muscle and a rough folk and were once slaves to demons. Demons? Wait I am demon. Demons once ruled long ago but humanity wiped them out. Humanity? Simple average beings with nothing special besides being quite abundant, that humanity in a nut shell. Scald never knew this and so much other thing filled his head. It became clear after a while he ate a soul of demon. Oh yes . . .

Family - NA

Do those welmish blood suckers exist in your lore? If not, then how about the vile men who desecrate the bodies of the dead with their sickening and immoral magics?

TL : DR
Can I be a necromancer? If not, then can I be a vampire?

Hawk

The White Wolf
Strategist
Chieftain
Do those welmish blood suckers exist in your lore? If not, then how about the vile men who desecrate the bodies of the dead with their sickening and immoral magics?

TL : DR
Can I be a necromancer? If not, then can I be a vampire?
Vampires/necromancers? Someones edgy as fuck, you can be a necromancer, you can be the vile man and shit, chose a race and I'll PM you.

Vampires/necromancers? Someones edgy as fuck, you can be a necromancer, you can be the vile man and shit, chose a race and I'll PM you.
Of course. We already have an edgy racist high elf weeaboo, an edgy hydra god delusional. Might aswell add in a third edgy character.

DeafMage2.jpg
Name: Kherofeth Sydra
Location: Shifting Sands as part of a traveling caravan as a 'mage' bodyguard.
Race: Human
Magic/s: Necromancy tier 3 (Fully Fledged Necromancer), Water Magic tier 1
Follower/s: Suteketh (A snake that has its teeth enchanted with arcane magic and necromancy.)
Backstory: A man born out of wedlock. A generic bastard born out of forbidden love. He only spend the first five years or so with his mother, until he was taken away by his father to be raised as a proper child. The truth of his real parents was kept as a secret from others outside of the family so he was to the public known as the bastard son of the priestess that the priestess' brother decided to take in for raising. He was quite fascinating invidual. He was smart when it came to history and magical studies, but he lacked exceptional training in diplomacy due to his bastard background and not being the son of the baron. Baron had planned to raise him as a suitable spymaster and a mage for his first non-stillborn and legitimate son, Kahelif. Though Kherofeth had different ideas: He wanted to become a proper mage and, after a great deal of persuasion and blackmailing his father, he was allowed to continue his training under various mages, under whose guidance he learned arcane magic quite early. Though one of the teachers had introduced him to the more vile magic; necromancy. It was teached to him in secrecy, but to the necromancer it was worth it as he saw great potential in him. He had influenced him the most out of all the mages. Few days before the graduation from the magic academy a set of events had happened: The teacher's true identity was found by other teachers and he was apprehended and other things. His father Ahnutet had died the night before and just got the news. He used this excuse to leave the academy prematurely(though he lied about it being temporary leaving) he would have escaped the city where he studied and set course to travel the realm. While traveling he had gathered his memories in a book, his research upon necromancy and ancient ruins. After ten years of traveling arround he had managed to master quite a lot of necromancy, though he had a grand scale plan in mind and ahead of him, one that requires him to continue his research upon necromancy and arcane magic. He has in the last year joined a caravan as a bodyguard for one of its members, this caravan's destination is a town from what he has heard that there are mages there that could know more about arcane magic than he does.
Family: Late Father Mayor Ashnutet Sydra (A minor baron in Merkantport), Mother Almaf Sydra (currenly a priestess in a church. They never got married as it was forbidden for siblings to get married(Yes. Incest.^^)) Half- Brother Mayor Kahelif Sydra (Business man with few enterprises here and there, current owner of the barony in Merkantport. Legitimate son so he inherited it, unlike him who was a bastard.)

Let us talk about making this possible later. I need to go now.

Last edited:
Suprise I can read long texts and can write too

Name: Moonheart
Race: Wolf - Grey Wolf - White Wolf
Magic: Regeneration when moon is Out in sky
Followers: None
Backstory: Born in forest of Evergreen. He lived for a short time woth his pack, until he was 4 months old. A group of hunters, hunted down his pack and every single member of his family was killed by hunters. The young wolf survived with an injure in his back. As night fell he cried and was howling from pain of his injure, ligh of moon fell on him. When he did wake up he saw that his injure was cured and his skin was white. Later he found that he wassmarter than any other wolf. For a long time he hasn't joined any other wolf but stayed near the elves and druids as them has blessed him after he was shown dofferent from other wolfs.
Familia: None

Attachments

Suprise I can read long texts and can write too

Name: Moonheart
Race: Wolf - Grey Wolf - White Wolf
Magic: Regeneration when moon is Out in sky
Followers: None
Backstory: Born in forest of Evergreen. He lived for a short time woth his pack, until he was 4 months old. A group of hunters, hunted down his pack and every single member of his family was killed by hunters. The young wolf survived with an injure in his back. As night fell he cried and was howling from pain of his injure, ligh of moon fell on him. When he did wake up he saw that his injure was cured and his skin was white. Later he found that he wassmarter than any other wolf. For a long time he hasn't joined any other wolf but stayed near the elves and druids as them has blessed him after he was shown dofferent from other wolfs.
Familia: None
No matter how hard it will be, I will find a way to fuck this wolf, and I will do it and make him my wife.