Warclave

If you wish to fully enjoy the forums and all its features, or simply engage with the community don't forget to register!

Zodiac & Astrology

dbK

The Shadow
Donator
Loyalist
Ratings
429 4
I am curious about your opinion on this subject. Do you believe in Astrology and that it affects everyone of us? That the date you were born has any influence on how you would develop?

I am not talking about what is written in the newspapers, about what will happen day-to-day because those are with no doubt crap.

I am talking about the deeper stuff, the characterisation, personality, overall emotions. I have been always interested in this and have always tried to figure out if there is any truth behind it and if there is, how much. I have mainly used myself and my closest friends as 'subjects', alongside talking with my mother from time to time about it.

Of things may differ from person to person according to their environment, but eventually it falls on the overall spectrum.

To give an example, here's one things that are said about Scorpios (I am Scorpio): "Scorpios have the tendency to hide their feelings whenever they are hurt and these feelings will explode without any warning at all." I can relate very well with the Scorpio Sign and have watched myself a lot, especially on the psychological level so I can understand myself better.

BIG NOTE: This took me a lot to write because I was at work and postphoned it for when I get home and in the meantime I have randomly found a video on youtube (wasn't looking for stuff like this) and I found it really great. It explains Astrology in a simple way and I kind of like how she explains things. Give her a shot, even if you believe or not. At least knowledge is power.

And apparently, I was just a basic 'follower' and don't know shit, but it got me hooked right now more than ever before. Just to know more :) ^.^

Cheers

Ratings
140 1
I am curious about your opinion on this subject. Do you believe in Astrology and that it affects everyone of us? That the date you were born has any influence on how you would develop?

I am not talking about what is written in the newspapers, about what will happen day-to-day because those are with no doubt crap.

I am talking about the deeper stuff, the characterisation, personality, overall emotions. I have been always interested in this and have always tried to figure out if there is any truth behind it and if there is, how much. I have mainly used myself and my closest friends as 'subjects', alongside talking with my mother from time to time about it.

Of things may differ from person to person according to their environment, but eventually it falls on the overall spectrum.

To give an example, here's one things that are said about Scorpios (I am Scorpio): "Scorpios have the tendency to hide their feelings whenever they are hurt and these feelings will explode without any warning at all." I can relate very well with the Scorpio Sign and have watched myself a lot, especially on the psychological level so I can understand myself better.

BIG NOTE: This took me a lot to write because I was at work and postphoned it for when I get home and in the meantime I have randomly found a video on youtube (wasn't looking for stuff like this) and I found it really great. It explains Astrology in a simple way and I kind of like how she explains things. Give her a shot, even if you believe or not. At least knowledge is power.

And apparently, I was just a basic 'follower' and don't know shit, but it got me hooked right now more than ever before. Just to know more :) ^.^

Cheers
I believe it. Im a scorpio too, and my sister who is only 1 year older than me is very much like me when it sudden anger and acts of revenge, which are one of scorpions stereotype. You may say that its because we are siblings, but my other sister doesnt show the same things, and is actually the opposite of us. And I havnt seen a familiar thing with my other family memeber as well.
I also believe that names, has influence over your character. In fact it has been proven in the bible, if you believe it. Which leads me to my next point.

Judaism supports these believes, that letters in your name and the date you were born affect your personalty.
Tho its not the same from the goyim (allow me to use that term) believe, as judaism doesnt believe in the sun and the course of stars and stuff like that. Those dont matter.

Ad I said, it has been proven in the bible. Where Abraham's original name was Abram, and was required to add more letters in his name to become closer to god. Same with Sarah (Sara).

Believe in the bible/judaism or not Its nice to have an additional spiritual evidence from religion. Especially when you try to believe in something like that as well.

dbK

The Shadow
Donator
Loyalist
Ratings
429 4
I believe it. Im a scorpio too, and my sister who is only 1 year older than me is very much like me when it sudden anger and acts of revenge, which are one of scorpions stereotype. You may say that its because we are siblings, but my other sister doesnt show the same things, and is actually the opposite of us. And I havnt seen a familiar thing with my other family memeber as well.
I also believe that names, has influence over your character. In fact it has been proven in the bible, if you believe it. Which leads me to my next point.

Judaism supports these believes, that letters in your name and the date you were born affect your personalty.
Tho its not the same from the goyim (allow me to use that term) believe, as judaism doesnt believe in the sun and the course of stars and stuff like that. Those dont matter.

Ad I said, it has been proven in the bible. Where Abraham's original name was Abram, and was required to add more letters in his name to become closer to god. Same with Sarah (Sara).

Believe in the bible/judaism or not Its nice to have an additional spiritual evidence from religion. Especially when you try to believe in something like that as well.
According to spirituality, religion and beliefs, it's a bit complex. I see myself somewhere in the middle (ish) and believe it needs a very lot of depth work, but personally I do not go well with the Bible and Judaism or Christianity. It's a long story. Also, I do not believe in the letters in names as the names are something given by people and they may or may not have felt something in giving the name. It's manmade so I have my doubts, but I might be wrong as I haven't read almost anything about it.

About the date, yes, I believe it matters the day and possibly also the time you were born. In astrology, you have a Moon Sign (explaining a little more in the next paragraph) which identifies with the day you were born so Astrology supports that concept.

In astrology, every planet's position matter and have a different result for each one of us. As that woman was saying in the video I posted, everyone of us has a Sun Sign (the core one, the zodiac we know. Your Sun Sign is Scorpio), a Moon Sign (which is different for every day, your Sun Sign can be Scorpio and have a Moon Sign in Libra, for example) and some more stuff about, like Rising Sign, which all come in play. So most of us (including me apparently), have misunderstood Astrology. Even if we believe it or not. I believe in it and I misunderstood it.

Mr.TRUTH

GG-Emperor
Strategist
Loyalist
Ratings
217 1
I believe that astrology affection is one of the biggest factor of the creation of your personality.
As an aquarian and with watching some of the videos of stereotypes of the zodiacs, I can only agree on how I sometimes act and how it affects my personality.
Sad as how it is, I'm a weirdo who likes freedom(MURICA FUCK YEAH),creativity, traveling,talking to different people, emotionless(Unless I'm near a 'real' and 'good' friend) and a bad liar.
Those are the charateristics of an aquarians and nearly all of them are true, apart from the bad liar lol. gg wp
gg
Your name and your eye color are the 2 other big factors of your personaly(How you were raised and your culture are also big factors, but they're way to easy to change so I don't count them in, since anybody would have the other things which form their character your eye color,name , zodiac etc.)
For example green eye carrier are most of the time isolated(Not having many friends which are close friends),mysteriously and creative, which also fit to me. gg sascha has no friends gg
The name of yours has most of the time either one or two different meanings, mine for example means the protector , also fits to me. gg
I also could do an example with my sister, but she's boring af to even mention anything of her.

It's a very interesting and good topic to talk about and a big lesson to know a person better, but the cons are also if you know what you're exactly dealing with, you then know the persons weaknesses.
Thank you for this topic @dbK .
gg

dbK

The Shadow
Donator
Loyalist
Ratings
429 4
I believe that astrology affection is one of the biggest factor of the creation of your personality.
As an aquarian and with watching some of the videos of stereotypes of the zodiacs, I can only agree on how I sometimes act and how it affects my personality.
Sad as how it is, I'm a weirdo who likes freedom(MURICA FUCK YEAH),creativity, traveling,talking to different people, emotionless(Unless I'm near a 'real' and 'good' friend) and a bad liar.
Those are the charateristics of an aquarians and nearly all of them are true, apart from the bad liar lol. gg wp
gg
Your name and your eye color are the 2 other big factors of your personaly(How you were raised and your culture are also big factors, but they're way to easy to change so I don't count them in, since anybody would have the other things which form their character your eye color,name , zodiac etc.)
For example green eye carrier are most of the time isolated(Not having many friends which are close friends),mysteriously and creative, which also fit to me. gg sascha has no friends gg
The name of yours has most of the time either one or two different meanings, mine for example means the protector , also fits to me. gg
I also could do an example with my sister, but she's boring af to even mention anything of her.

It's a very interesting and good topic to talk about and a big lesson to know a person better, but the cons are also if you know what you're exactly dealing with, you then know the persons weaknesses.
Thank you for this topic @dbK .
gg
I firstly must reply to the last thing.

"You then know the persons weaknesses". It can also go a second way. Being aware of exposing yourself can fortify your weaknesses with the people you expose yourself to. But this depends on everyone's personality and how they have learned (or not) to control themselves. This is a "safe trigger" I have build over the years for myself as I have been bashed a lot in my teenage years by exposing stuff to the wrong people.

My ex was Aquarius (she does not believe in Astrology or anything spiritual whatsoever) but she identifies much with the stereotypes you've mentioned ("creativity, traveling,talking to different people, emotionless(Unless I'm near a 'real' and 'good' friend)"). But she had a very troubled childhood and surely changed her a lot, but those traits were exactly that and profound when I first met her. But at that time I have forsaken my thirst for relating everything to the zodiac and trying to figure out what's what.

Also, for everyone, Ithere is a site to read about each signs emotions and stuff. I have given it to more than 10 people, and 90% of them said they are very much like what it was written. I will not be giving it cause it's in Romanian and yeah. Will translate if anyone is interested.

Ratings
140 1
According to spirituality, religion and beliefs, it's a bit complex. I see myself somewhere in the middle (ish) and believe it needs a very lot of depth work, but personally I do not go well with the Bible and Judaism or Christianity. It's a long story. Also, I do not believe in the letters in names as the names are something given by people and they may or may not have felt something in giving the name. It's manmade so I have my doubts, but I might be wrong as I haven't read almost anything about it.

About the date, yes, I believe it matters the day and possibly also the time you were born. In astrology, you have a Moon Sign (explaining a little more in the next paragraph) which identifies with the day you were born so Astrology supports that concept.

In astrology, every planet's position matter and have a different result for each one of us. As that woman was saying in the video I posted, everyone of us has a Sun Sign (the core one, the zodiac we know. Your Sun Sign is Scorpio), a Moon Sign (which is different for every day, your Sun Sign can be Scorpio and have a Moon Sign in Libra, for example) and some more stuff about, like Rising Sign, which all come in play. So most of us (including me apparently), have misunderstood Astrology. Even if we believe it or not. I believe in it and I misunderstood it.
As I said, I dont believe in astrology as you call it, because it is based on the stars and sun (like you said). So I also dont think it matters when you were born, only the date (which month and sometimes which day), yet there are some familiarties between them I guess.
As for names, you might want to read about it more. Tho it is more religios that just spiritual, it may also have something to do with the way you spell the name and say it (lets say a man is named after jesus, then people are going to say it the way they say it in the church, and therefore change the way they treat to him after they say his name as well. but thats a big example.)
You said that you use your friends as subject, then try think of friends with similar name and then what they have in common, I tend to think about it a lot tho.

dbK

The Shadow
Donator
Loyalist
Ratings
429 4
As I said, I dont believe in astrology as you call it, because it is based on the stars and sun (like you said). So I also dont think it matters when you were born, only the date (which month and sometimes which day), yet there are some familiarties between them I guess.
As for names, you might want to read about it more. Tho it is more religios that just spiritual, it may also have something to do with the way you spell the name and say it (lets say a man is named after jesus, then people are going to say it the way they say it in the church, and therefore change the way they treat to him after they say his name as well. but thats a big example.)
You said that you use your friends as subject, then try think of friends with similar name and then what they have in common, I tend to think about it a lot tho.
I have a few friends that have the name "Mihai". They have nothing in common. I have many friends that have the same name as I do, "Andrei". We don't have almost anything in common.

Ske

Mostly Trustworthy
Tech Admin
Donator
Strategist
Ratings
710 1
Its pseudoscience in my opinion.

Its written in very general terms that are too easy to relate to. Like if i tell you that your sign Scorpio means "you are getting angry alot this month" you will automatically think of times you recently got angry, and suddently you can relate.

Its a very natural response from our brains. Its like if i tell you to think of a blue elephant, what is the first thing that pops into your mind ?

If astrology should have a chance of being true, you have to compare with every other Scorpio out there and afterwards every other human being, to confirm that Scorpio people are indeed more angry. And i dont think that will be the statistic result.

You never hear astrology say anything specific, like "tommorow you will eat a rabbit and find a diamond in your left shoe". Because it just wouldnt be relateable.

dbK

The Shadow
Donator
Loyalist
Ratings
429 4
Its pseudoscience in my opinion.

Its written in very general terms that are too easy to relate to. Like if i tell you that your sign Scorpio means "you are getting angry alot this month" you will automatically think of times you recently got angry, and suddently you can relate.

Its a very natural response from our brains. Its like if i tell you to think of a blue elephant, what is the first thing that pops into your mind ?

If astrology should have a chance of being true, you have to compare with every other Scorpio out there and afterwards every other human being, to confirm that Scorpio people are indeed more angry. And i dont think that will be the statistic result.

You never hear astrology say anything specific, like "tommorow you will eat a rabbit and find a diamond in your left shoe". Because it just wouldnt be relateable.
It is more deep and complex than that. It is not like "today you'll be lucky in love and find your soulmate". It is totally not that. Do not get yourself informed about this from newspapers and magazines, because they are the most crappy things in fact.

Sad fact is, I am not eligible to explain all the stuff going on because I'm a newb myself, but Astrology goes very very deep and profound.

Ratings
It is prohibited to try to interpret the future in Judaism. Although in the Torah great prophets were often able to do it anyhow. A long time ago in the middle ages there were even dream analysists in Jewish communities, and it was from what I understand a very important profession.